Tuesday 13 March 2007

My bank is screwed…atlast

I took a loan out in December for my parents, although I knew I wasnt going to pay. I took a loan because if I die i dont want my parents to suffer. When I applied, my bank wanted me to take the loan protection scheme. So if I lose my job or if I die then they would pay the loan for me. It is a kind of insurance for the bank so that they can claim from their insurers if I failed to pay. Because I had to pay 40 pounds for a month extra, I got only the loan without payment protection.

Anyway now as I lost my job and can’t find a job with my disability, I couldn’t pay my monthly payments from January. Not because I don’t want to, but because I don’t have the money to pay. My bank account is over drawn. I had so many letters from the bank asking for the payment, I didn’t even bother to reply or even sometimes i dont even open any letters. As I don’t answer too many calls they left so many messages on my mobile as well asking me to pay.
And in the end they came around yesterday to talk to me.
The reason I am so happy is that in the past when I had missed a payment or two or even late on payments on my previous loan, they charged me lot of money as late payment charges etc.
Now they can’t do anything as I don’t have an income. They were trying to scare me by saying that I might be put in prison for not paying. I said I don’t give a shit.
They are going to refer to the debt collection agency. Fuck them, I don’t care and they can do what ever they want to do.
I have heard so many stories about banks ripping people off, as an individual, you cant fight against the banks. So they make all the rules. Now at least they are getting screwed for a change.

3 comments:

Keshi said...

Im so sorry to hear ur going thru alot of shit these days Suryan..I hope good times will follow soon.

Keshi.

Kalpana said...

Try to be positive.
http://rathna.blogspot.com/2007/01/yes-i-am-in-love.html
Study this article completely.
Try to think of living another life now itself, give a fresh start. Good things will knock you soon.

tulipspeaks said...

hmm.. looks like u need a lil boost over here! come join us in the blogworld, we r here to lift up ur spirit my fren.


=ammu=